- What do I need to bring each day?
- Can you prepare special meals?
- Do I need to meet specific application criteria to attend NuYu?
- Do you accept people with specific health conditions?
- What would a typical day be like?
- What length of program do you recommend?
- What results can I expect to get from the program?
- What happens after my program is finished?
- Are you just another Health Retreat?
What do I need to bring each day?
You will need to bring some reliable training shoes, towel and a water bottle everyday - We provide the rest!
Can you prepare special meals?
All of your meals will be special with NuYu's exclusive healthy meal choice options. Additionally, we can cater for allergies and specific dietary requirements. Please contact us for more information and tailored advice .
Do I need to meet specific application criteria to attend NuYu?
Not necessarily, although we do conduct a brief interview with you at the time you decide to book in with us, we do not discriminate against any person who wishes to attend the NuYu program based on weight or other health factors alone. We specialise in assisting people make the necessary lifestyle changes in order for them to achieve weight loss and ultimately optimum health, and are therefore willing to assist anyone who is serious about results and improving their health and fitness.
Do you accept people with specific health conditions, such as;
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- High Cholesterol
- Hyperthyroidism or thyroid dysfunction
- Or other health problems/injuries
Yes. Whilst we do assess each guests situation as a case by case scenario, many of our past customers have suffered from health related problems (such as those above) and we specialise in assisting guests improve their health and well-being so that they can work through and overcome these conditions. The success of our program in helping past guests overcome these types of weight and related health problems is outstanding and we are extremely confident that we can also help you achieve your weight loss and health goals too.
What would a typical day be like?
Our weight loss programs are run on a full-time basis on 6 days of the week, where Sunday is a nominated rest day and free time for program participants. Whilst our facilities have everything we need, we do aim to spend at least one day of the week out and about enjoying the beautiful surrounding areas.
Everyday is different and our program schedule's are always changing to keep it fresh and exciting, for a sample itinery of a typical day please click here
What length of program do you recommend?
Our standard response to this question is that research suggests the average person takes approximately 4 weeks (21 to 28 days) to change habits, therefore those who are about best results and making long term change should consider this when making their decision.
We are of course happy to accept guests for anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks as they choose and are proud that we have had tremendous success acros all program durations in helping guests lose significant amounts of weight and achieve significant health improvements. Packages can be tailored to suit individual needs.
What results can I expect to get from the program?
With NuYu you will achieve the very best results. Our programs have been specifically designed (meals, exercise, information, duration and intensity etc) to ensure you achieve maximum results on program plus the best chance of breaking unwanted habits and setting new healthy ones for long term success.
Whilst everyones results will vary, the average guest over 4 weeks can expect to achieve;
- Weight loss – 10 to 15% of body weight
- Girth reduction – 30+ cms off your body
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) – Signinficant reduction back into healthy range and coming off medications
- Diabetes (type 2) - Significant reductions back into a healthy range and coming off medications
- Improved strength, flexibility and mobility
- Sleep patterns (insomnia/apnoea) – Significant improvement in sleeping (duration and quality) patterns
- Stress/anxiety – Significant improvement in stress & anxiety levels
- Energy levels – Significant increase in energy levels both physically and mentally
- Improved skin/hair – Significant improvement in skin texture and reduced blemishes, stronger and shinier hair
What happens after my program is finished?
You will have regular email/phone contact with NuYu, access to our informative newsletters, and tips/facts sheets. We also offer a comprehensive internet membership program that provides you with full-time on-going support with meal planning and recipe advice (over 1000 recipes) to ensure your success, ongoing health and weight loss tips.
Furthermore NuYu offers a range of programs to suit your changing needs over time to ensure your fitness level, motivation and support needs can be met both now and in the future.
Are you just another Health Retreat?
No. We are industry leaders and experts in weight loss, fitness and lifestyle change.
Many health retreats focus on relaxation and pampering with options for exercise and education. Our focus is to ensure you achieve the very best and maximum results whilst on program plus change unwanted habits for future success. This our programs are highly structured and suitable for anyone serious about improving their health and fitness. If you are unsure of whether a NuYu program is for you, contact one of our friendly staff today for a free consultation top see if it's right for you.